The Groovetracer® reference subplatter assembly for the RP6 not only features a main hub precision machined from solid billet aluminum, but in addition, a dampening disc is fixed to the bottom of the aluminum hub to eliminate any micro vibration or ringing between the three subplatter and glass platter contact points.
This specific subplatter assembly is designed to be used with the RP6 glass platter, however, any of the other Groovetracer subplatters and platters can be installed (when used in combination) on the RP6 as well.
If you intend to use either the acrylic or delrin platter on your RP6, please order one of the subplatter models shownhere.
Groovetracer follows on with the same unique jewel bearing design offered in the best selling Reference subplatter model featuring a sapphire thrust plate which is bonded to the bottom of the hardened steel (RC 62) bearing shaft, and a zirconia (ZrO2) bearing ball. A polished stainless steel record spindle is fitted to the top of the hub to complete the assembly.
Furthermore, the record spindle is decoupled from the main bearing shaft thereby eliminating any vibrational transfer from the thrust point to the playing surface.
Improvements over the stock unit include a (quieter) lower noise floor due to lower friction created by the jeweled bearing. This in turn allows inner detail and overall ambient retrieval to be fully realized. Speed stability is further improved due to the close tolerance (concentricity) of the bearing shaft and hub assembly.
No adjustments to the turntable are required following installation which takes less than five minutes to perform.
Click image to enlarge. (RP6 Reference subplatter)
1) Ultra low coefficient of friction between the bearing surfaces minimizes vibration for a lower noise floor. The jewel bearing design is the smoothest running and longest lasting bearing available. Only offered by Groovetracer®.
2) A dampening disc is fixed to the bottom of the aluminum hub to eliminate any micro vibration or ringing between the three subplatter and glass platter contact points. Only offered by Groovetracer®.
3) The non-magnetic record spindle is completely decoupled from the bearing axle to eliminate vibration transfer to the playing surface. Only offered by Groovetracer®.
4) 3 point interface between the Subplatter & Platter ensures positive contact and also minimizes vibration transfer .
5) 0.0005 ”or better concentricity between the axle and hub offers vast improvement in pitch control.
6) Extended length (non-magnetic) stainless steel record spindle permits the use of clamps.
Detailed Instructions are included. Installation takes less than five minutes.
Items supplied to complete the installation:
Magnet - (To remove the existing steel ball bearing)
Zirconia bearing ball
Vial of Bearing oil
Recommended maintenance: Re-oil the bearing shaft and thrust plate every year of operation.
NOTE: Please go here to see three subplatter models for all other Rega turntables. These three subplatter models also fit the RP6 but must be used in combination with either the delrin or acrylic platter.